Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Enkhbaatar's interview

Thursday 11 june 2009 4 11 /06 /2009 10:31

Enkhbaatar Tudev is a Mongolian artist in residency in Kultuuritehas Polymer in Tallinn, Estonia. He has decided to pursue his dream to go on painting tour to over the world and he uses classical realism painting methods. In this interview, he talks about his motivation and his painting’s conditions.
 
“I would like to talk about my paintings. I want to paint many paintings but now, I can’t paint, because of the weather.
 
Why do you like to paint sunny landscapes?
I don’t like to paint more in rainy days.I like rainy day but not rainy days if continue for longer days 
 
In Estonia, there is often a rainy weather, why don’t you want to paint this side of Estonia?
I just want to show sunny Estonia, because I like colours and shadows, it’s really important. It’s really difficult to paint in rainy days, because there are no good colours and shadows.
 
What do you like to paint?
Landscapes, and I have plan to paint portraitures in the near future, but not now because I don’t have any living model.
 
Do you think that paint has to be realistic?
Yes, I like realism, because it’s good composition, with colours, shadows, it’s important.
 
Do you sometimes give free reign to your imagination or do you always use models?
I really like to paint landscapes and portraiture. I will do imagination paintings later(because,needed some time and plan or study work or research work do paint imagination paintings), but for now, I have to paint from living models: nature and people.
 
How do you chose to paint a landscape, do you plan it or do you just wander and see what you want to paint?
At first, I have to make plans. During the night, in my room, I think about what I am going to paint tomorrow, where I will go. I think about the composition: light and shadow.
To make one painting, it depends on the weather (or needed good comfortability for painting outside), but it usually takes two or three hours. I first draw with pencil or brush and then I paint.
 
What are the artists that you admire?
Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, they were great painters, with good skills, and a lot of talent.
 
Have you always dreamt of being a painter?
Yes, since my childhood, since I am five years old. Because I really like it, I am really interested in painting. Doing art is really interesting or its my "happiness". When I paint, I have good feelings or kife from nature and people.
 
What are your projects?
After this residency in Kultuuritehas, I would to continue in USA, Canada or other countries to improve my English and also to attend and visit artist programs or study on Bachelor of Fine Arts degree at fine arts academy or 5 year Diploma in Mastering in the Painting on classical realism at professional atelier fine arts schools or my first project is here in Kultuuritehas, second project is to go to USA or Canada, for paintings and English knowledge, third, I will try to have a bachelor in fine arts, and later, master of fine arts.
 
Would you describe you as someone optimistic or pessimistic?
I don’t know, no, I don’t know.”
 
Interview made by Claire Bataille, french volunteer in Kultuuritehas Polymer, June 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment